Spay & Neuter
Learn more about our spay & neuter services below.
Spay & Neuter in Denver, CO
When you have your cat spayed or neutered, you can give them a longer, happier life.
Spay & Neuter
Spay & Neuter Services For Your Cat
Spaying or neutering your cat can have a multitude of medical and behavioral benefits, including a lower risk of some cancers and decreased aggression.
Some of the benefits cats receive include:
- The risk of testicular cancer is eliminated.
- The risk of prostate disease is greatly reduced.
- They are less likely to mount other animals, which can lead to altercations.
- Reduced likelihood of marking or spraying.
- Testosterone is reduced, so aggressive behavior may be as well.
- The risk of developing malignant breast tumors is greatly reduced.
- The chances of ovarian and uterine cancer are greatly reduced or eliminated.
- Decreases the risk of unexpected pregnancies and litters.
What to Keep in Mind
Our experienced team will monitor your cat closely before, during, and after their spay and neuter procedure. We will go over all discharge instructions with you post-surgery, but here are some things to keep in mind as your cat recovers:
- Avoid feeding and watering your cat at least twelve hours before the time of surgery.
- Give them a quiet place to recover for at least 24 hours.
- Keep your cat relaxed and try to keep them from running and jumping for up to two weeks.
- Don’t give your cat a bath for at least ten days afterward.
- Check the incision site every day and watch out for unusual redness, swelling, or discharge.